• What is High-Speed Design?
• How industry drivers force high-speed and why is it (and signal integrity) important?
• What causes the problems?
• Harmonics, clock frequencies, sources of noise
• Noise Margins, definition, calculations, impact, considerations, timing, goals
Transmission lines as main problem cause:
• What is a transmission line?
• Transmission line effects on printed circuit boards
• Undershoot / Overshoot
• Ringback, Monotonicity, Reflection and Crosstalk
• Current paths on a PCB – return current
Timing and Board interconnect delay:
• What is Flight Time
• How to treat interconnect delay in timing
Printed circuit boards:
• Printed circuit board material types and characteristics, dielectrics
• Board Stack up
• Impedance control
• Transmission Line Impedance Zo, target impedance
• Drivers and receivers, switching characteristics
• When is it needed?
• What type of termination to choose
• Impact on the timing
• Control undershoot/overshoot by termination techniques
• When are topologies important?
• How do topologies affect signal integrity and timing?
• Coupling Types, causes and limits
• When crosstalk gets important, noise margins
• How can cross talk be minimized?
• Crosstalk and timing
Differential Signaling/Differential Pairs:
• Why are they important?
• Noise and EMI
• Better timing
• Layout of differential pairs
• What issues are important in today’s high-speed designs ?
• Decoupling, planes, power supply issues
• Building design experience
• High-Speed Routing
Simulation Issues and Device Models:
• Model formats (SPICE, IBIS)
• Driver/Receiver models
• Simulator technique
• Transmission line simulation
• PCB simulation
Examples and practical sessions:
• Applying techniques and tools
• What-if scenarios
• Clock distribution
• Timing with reflections
• Differential pairs
• Field Solving and Simulations
• Design Techniques
- 10 Days
- 0 Units
- 0 Hrs